ROOFTOP CINEMA, State Cinema Hobart
Our Rooftop Cinema Season for 2019/20 starts Thursday 19 December! Watch this space. We look forward to seeing you all in the summer time when the weather is fine!
Our Rooftop Cinema is the only one of its kind in Hobart. What better way to watch a film than relaxing into a deckchair, overlooking spectacular panoramic views of the city and Mt Wellington as the sun goes down.
Offering a unique mix of hot new releases on warm summer nights, why not grab a drink and kick back on the Rooftop.
Fri 24 Jan at 9.00 pm
Sat 25 Jan at 9.00 pm
Sun 26 Jan at 9.00 pm
A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood (PG)
Phone our Box Office now to reserve your seats 03 6234 6318
1. What should I wear?
Even on a balmy day, we encourage you to rug up a little to come to the roof as it does get cool once the sun goes down. We have blankets for hire, which are a great way to keep toasty and warm under the stars.
2. What happens if it rains?
We monitor the weather very closely leading up to a Rooftop screening. We may need to cancel a film due to bad weather including rain, wind and storms, in which case we will do our best to post any cancellations on our website, Facebook in the events section and on Twitter at least one hour before the screening. You may also call our Box Office and listen to our recorded message for session status – extension #5. A film may need to be cancelled during the session in the event of any unexpected, unpredictable bad weather such as rain or wind. In this instance, ticket holders will be offered a complimentary pass. Sorry, cash/card refunds will not be available.
3. How do I book tickets?
Reserve your tickets in person or by phone (03 6234 6318) with the State Cinema Box Office. Then just pick them up on the day of screening, anytime from 90 minutes before the session commences. Tickets cannot be purchased before the day, or online at any time. Uncollected tickets will be released for door sales 30 minutes before the start time.
4. How much are tickets?
All tickets are $20.50. State Members $17.00. Gift cards welcome. No free, bulk or voucher tickets accepted.
5. What can I eat and drink?
When you collect and pay for your tickets in the Box Office, be sure to purchase items you enjoy from our selection of alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and snacks. Hot beverages and more substantial café items are available at the café downstairs.
6. What if the session is booked out?
Booked out sessions will have door sales available on any uncollected bookings from 30 minutes prior to session time, so worth a shot if you missed out on a booking.
7. Where can I find out more information?
Follow the State Cinema on Facebook and Twitter, subscribe to our enews via the home page, and follow the weekly printed program for the session times.
Other Things to Know
Our rooftop is accessed by lift from the ground floor, and is wheelchair accessible.
The rooftop is a non-smoking area and is strictly for the enjoyment of those 18 years and over.
Terms of Sale
Tickets purchased for the State Rooftop Cinema are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Entry to the State Rooftop Cinema is on presentation of a valid ticket.
2. Patrons must be 18 years and over to be admitted to the Rooftop.
3. In the event that a session is cancelled, we will advise of the cancellation via Twitter and our recorded phone message at least one hour before the start time (on occasion inclement weather may cause the movie to be cancelled after this time.)
4. If a session is cancelled after the start time due to unpredicted bad weather, patrons will be issued with a complimentary pass to be used within 12 months from date of issue.
5. Cancellation is at the discretion of management and can be made prior to or during a screening.